You can always buy medicines or go for some specific treatments in the expectancy of finding a cure for your problem of acid reflux. But there are some natural options too that you can apply for the treatment of this disorder. It is better to go natural way than to risk your body for some side effects by using the medicinal drugs. The very first thing that you should understand is that some foods provide more than normal acids requirement to the stomach.
When the stomach gets more acids than its capacity to digest them, several complications occur within the body, in which the acid reflux disorder is the primary one. So, if you cut down on the consumption of such foods, you would definitely be able to control the disorder. There are certain other things too that you can use to provide some relief to your stomach. For example: you should reduce the size of servings of your foods at each meal. This will help the stomach by letting it do less work. But you would be required to increase the number of meals a day you normally take. This is quite important for making up the calorie intake that you have reduced by reducing your serve size.
Some most common reasons behind the occurrence of this disorder are as following:
Everybody seems to be looking for natural remedies for acid reflux now days. It seems that no matter what we eat, everything causes us burning pain and discomfort in our chest and throat. We are told to lose weight, stop smoking and cut out spicy foods from our diets, but is there others things we should be doing? Well, in this article, you will learn about five simple and natural methods to stop burning pain.
5 Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux:
1) Drink apple cider vinegar. This vinegar helps with digestion and is effective for the burning pain you feel in you chest and throat. You want to make sure you buy the kind that has “mother” in it. This particular kind of cider has a lot more enzymes in it, so it will help with the healing process. An example of this type of cider would be Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar. All apple cider vinegars can be purchased at natural food stores. You need to make sure you shake up the cider vinegar to properly have the enzymes properly distributed. Take one tablespoon of the cider before every meal you eat.
2) Take aloe vera. Make sure you drink juice of aloe vera. Its been known to work in Europe for many years. Can be found at health food stores. It will help to soothe a burning inflamed esophagus. Only take the kind that you can eat internally. Don’t eat the aloe that comes from a plant, because it may contain aloe latex, which is a very powerful laxative. Take only a quarter cup about 20 to 30 minutes before a meal.
3) Eat licorice. The proper name for this licorice is, Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL). It will stop burning pain in you throat and chest. It produces a protective mucus, which would line the digestive tract. It also helps in protecting the esophagus from any harmful stomach acid. It has also been known to boost the immune system. This type of licorice is also a strong anti-inflammatory. Take two 250 mg capsules before every meal. Don’t take with water, just suck on the capsules and let them dissolve in your mouth. This will help soothe your esophagus. This process could take about four weeks to work so just stick with it.
4) Eat ginger. Ginger is a great herb and it’s good for digestion. It relaxes the muscles in your esophagus and helps in preventing burning pain. You can find either the powered one or the fresh ginger root. You can also get the ginger in capsules form. Take about two capsules about 20 to 30 minutes before eating a meal. You can also make the ginger into a tea. If you find you have a sensitive stomach, use ginger tincture instead. Use a half cup of water and drop around 15 drops of it into it. Use only a small amount first, and possibly increase the drops for a little more stronger dose.
5) Take glutamine. Glutamine is an amino acid, which is an anti-inflammatory. It reduces irritation caused by the burning pain that you feel. It produces new cells in the gastrointestinal tract and gets rid of damaged cells. Any irritated tissue in the digestive tract heals much faster.
In this article, you learned about five simple natural remedies for discomforting pain. There are also other great and extremely effective methods to properly stop burning pain completely. Continue reading to learn more!